Train Parties in the Adelaide Hills
Give your child a “train party” and enjoy a party that will be fun and memorable for the children and the adults.
Train Parties at Platform 1 are a little different from the normal….so please let us take a minute to explain……..
During the Party the children and adults will be involved in 2 train rides. On the 1st train ride, the children find a treasure map, Glenn then digs up a treasure box in a very unique way and on the treasure box is a padlock. Throughout the party, the children find keys to try to open the treasure box. The keys are strategically placed to guarantee the excitement and momentum continues throughout the whole party….. There are definitely no boring bits!!!
Whilst on the train rides, the driver keeps the children and adults entertained and amused with his ‘antics’.
The party room is a railway carriage that has been renovated to accommodate groups. The carriage is air conditioned, decorated and private from other visitors.
Train Parties are fully hosted. Our friendly host/ess will lead you through the party but at the same time allow the adults to interact with the children as well. All guests at the party will be welcomed and you can enjoy the personal touches that our host/ess undertakes to make your party that little bit more special.
The children can explore the ‘hands-on’ railway displays, play in the steam engine cabs, make the signals work. They can be a driver, a guard or a signalman. The children are supervised as they play and the children are always watchful to find another key for the treasure box.
Pat and feed the farm animals. Give “Captain” the horse a carrot, give the sheep some wheat and meet “Miss Moo” the cow – then it is time for the 2nd train ride. The children find the correct key and the birthday child opens the box!!!!! But don”t tell anyone… sssshhh!!
Train Parties at Platform1 are designed for the adults to join in the fun with the children. The adults are encouraged to be a part of every aspect of the party. Adults are an important part of the celebrations and are made to feel welcome and involved.
So join in, laugh and have some quality time with your child and then leave us to clean up the mess!!
Train Parties include:
- 2 train rides through the farmyard and out into the open paddock.
- Treasure hunt which continues throughout party.
- All weather protection in the A/C railway carriage.
- Fully hosted so you can enjoy the fun with the children.
- Party food where the food is placed on the table and children can select food to suit their own tastes.
- Time to play on the “hands-on” railway displays.
- Meet the friendly farm animals.
- “Pass the Parcel”. A prize on each layer for each child.
- Party Invitations for your use.
- Plates, cups, tablecloth, napkins, balloons, decorations, knife for cake, matches.
Childrens’ Party Food:
- Party Pies, Party Sausage Rolls, Cocktail Frankfurts, Honey Crackles, Potato Chips, Decorated Biscuits, Fruit, Fairy Bread and Popcorn.
- Cordial and water for drinks.
Adult Party Food:
- Party Pies, Party Sausage Rolls, Sandwiches and a fruit/dip/cheese platter.
- Tea or Coffee for drinks. Cappuccino’s to go available for extra charge.
- Duration of party is 1hour 45minutes.
- Birthday cake and lolly bags to be supplied by you. Freezer space for ice-cream cakes available.
- Party times are 10.15am to 12pm, 1.15pm to 3pm or after school from 4pm to 5.45pm. Parties can be held on any day except Wednesdays.
- Special dietary requirements can easily be arranged at an extra cost with prior notice.
- Train Parties are suitable for children 3 to 10 years of age and are suitable for both girls and boys.
- Bookings are essential with a minimum notice of 5 days. A deposit is required to confirm a booking.
- Cancellations made more than 14 days prior to the booked date will receive refund of deposit (less $10 administration fee).
- Cancellations received less than 14 days prior to booked date will forfeit full deposit paid.
- $15 per child and $15 per adult (Children under 2 years are free unless child is to be included in all activities of the party).
- Minimum number of persons is 15.
- Maximum number of persons is 50.
- Payment by cash, cheque or credit card.
“Platform 1 is still the best children’s party in SA! (and we’ve been to stacks)” Ali, Torrens Park.”