Set on the original German Liebelt family farm, Platform 1 will take visitors on a trip down memory lane!
Discover the history of the old buildings, the farm equipment and the horse equipment. The extensive railway memorabilia collection will interest both males and females. 80 countries of the world are represented in the displays and as the railways have employed 1000’s of people over the years, the guided tour is sure to rekindle memories of life on the trains.
The train ride is easy to board and the 20 minute ride will take visitors through the farmyard and out into the open paddock. Discover the history of the farm, the railway lines that travel through the farm, the trees, pumps and other historical facts.
Morning/afternoon tea is served in the century old barn by the wood fire or air conditioned on warmer days.
Tea/Coffee and biscuits is included in the group price and scones/cakes/muffins are available at an extra cost.
All groups receive our 100% attention and every effort is taken to ensure your group has a fun and memorable visit.
Your visit includes:
- Train ride on the Platform1 train with history commentary
- Guided tour through the railway memorabilia
- Morning/afternoon tea
- Oiginal homestead built in 1855 (subject to availability)
- Toilet facilities, picnic area, undercover picnic area
- Off street parking
- Duration of visit is a recommended minimum of 2 hours depending on size of group
- Visits are available 7 days a week by appointment
- Minimum group size is 15 persons
- Driver and tour guide admitted free of charge
Platform1 is located close to eating places such as:
- “Great Eastern Hotel” – Littlehampton
- “Auchandorrach” – Mt. Barker
- “The Old Mill” – Hahndorf
- “Chingari Indian Restaurant” – Nairne
- “Balhannah Hotel” – Balhannah
Costs: $8.00 per senior. (Includes morning/afternoon tea)
Payments can be made by cash, cheque, credit card.